Team Makita Suzuki's Carmichael Captures 150th Career Victory in Final MX Race

Team Makita Suzuki Racing's Ricky Carmichael returned to race
this weekend's AMA Toyota Motocross Championship Series at
Spring Creek MX Park in Millville, MN, and the 15-time AMA
Champion did not disappoint. Carmichael won both of his 30-
minute Motocross motos to take the overall win. This marks
Carmichael's 150th career victory. Makita Suzuki teammate Ivan
Tedesco celebrated a top-five finish after coming in 11th in the
first moto and just short of the podium in fourth position in the
second moto.

Ricky Carmichael:

"It was a good race for me, I've just been soaking it all up. You
know, this is the end of a lot of things. I'm thankful for everybody
that I've met, all the great teams I've been on and all the people
who have been supportive of me. It's been an amazing ride and
unfortunately this is the end. I just want to be remembered as a
good ambassador to the sport. I want people to have felt like
they got their money's worth and had fun when they watched me
race. I never expected to do what I've done this year, much less
what I've accomplished in my career. I've been around some
great people, some great teams, and this win was for the Makita
Suzuki team. I've won a lot on Suzuki, actually, and this is a
great team and they really make you feel like a family."

Ivan Tedesco:

"In the first moto, I got into the first-turn pile-up but made a
charge and came back from the back to 11th. I wish I could have
gotten a little farther up, but considering where I came from,
that's pretty decent. In the second moto, I got a good start on the
Makita Suzuki RM-Z450 and I was just happy to be out in front.
I'm slow in the first few laps, and if I can figure that out, I'll be on
the podium. In the next few weeks, I'll try to work on my
weaknesses and see if I can get better, and just keep on working
hard through the end of the season."

In the Motocross Lites class, Team Makita Suzuki Racing's Nico
Izzi made his Pro debut with style, finishing an impressive 10th
overall after taking eighth in the first moto and 13the in the
second. Makita Suzuki's Ryan Dungey, meanwhile, had some bad
luck in the first moto and was unable to finish. Fortunately,
Dungey rebounded with an eighth-place finish in the second moto
to bring home 15th overall.

Ryan Dungey:

"In the first moto, going into the first turn, I was right there. Then
I went down on the second lap; I made a little mistake and the
spark plug wire shorted out, so that was that. In the second moto,
I got a bad start and lost a lot of ground. By the time I made my
way up into eighth, a lot of people were way out front. Now, I've
got two weeks to figure some stuff out and come back strong for
Steel City."

Nico Izzi:

"I'm happy with this race -- I came out safe, and I learned a lot.
My goal was to come here and get a top-10 finish, and I squeezed
by with 10th place. Now I just want to keep moving up, taking
baby steps and get on the box. The Makita Suzuki team's been
awesome. It's good to have such a great group of guys behind
you, who want to help you win. Now, I'm just really excited to go
back and work harder, train harder and get ready for Steel City."

Photos from VitalMx.com - Racerxill.com - Motocross.com