ANAHEIM -- Grant Langston is accustomed to winning.
Among his accomplishments aboard a motorcycle are a 125cc
world motocross championship, a 125cc American Motorcyclist
Association national motocross championship and back-to-back
Supercross Lites championships for Kawasaki. So when the
likable South African changed employers last year and moved
up in class to the big 450cc bikes for the 2007 supercross
season, more of the same was expected.
But it was not to be. A 20th-place finish in his first race at Angel
Stadium of Anaheim was followed by a practice crash that
resulted in a broken collarbone and a sprained right wrist. So
much for his debut for Yamaha.
"Last year at this time, I felt a little bit alone," Langston said
Thursday from Angel Stadium, the venue for tonight's AMA
Supercross season opener.
With a new team and a new bike, the last thing Langston needed
was down time. "I only started riding the Yamaha about mid-
November last year," he said. "My fitness was down, and I got a
late start. Everything was new, the bike and all. "I didn't have a
lot of track time. We started off behind the 8-ball." full story on
nctimes.com - pic from mototalk.com