L&M/San Manuel/Yamaha rider Chad Reed will line up as one of
the favourites to take out event honours at this weekend’s
Rockstar Energy Drink U.S. Open at Las Vegas’ MGM
Grand Garden Arena.
The 25-year-old went back to back in 2003/04, and feels as his
form and fitness will help him to contend for his third event
victory, equaling the record set by rival Ricky Carmicheal
The Aussie has been putting in the hard yards in training over the
past few months, which included a positive showing at the MX des
Nation’s at Budd’s Creek.
“The U.S. Open is a great event,” said Reed. “It’s a two-night race
with such prestige and history. When I moved to America, it was
a race I really looked forward to competing in. It receives great
publicity, so after winning the race in ’03 and ’04, it helped boost
my profile in this sport.” “I took this summer off so I could rest
up,” added Reed. “It was a decision I made so that I can show
up at the U.S. Open ready and excited to race.”
With Ricky Carmichael not racing, Reed will square off against
James Stewart in a continuation of their Supercross duel which
raged for much of last season. “James is a great rider and
excellent competitor,” said Reed. “He does not contribute to my
motivation for success, though. I am motivated by my will to
win.” full story on fullnoise.com.au
Chad Reed & Mike Alessi at the X-Games 13 - tedescophoto.com
Reed eyes third US Open crown
Wednesday, October 10, 2007 Labels: Chad Reed, KTM Riders, Mike Alessi, Oz Racers, Supercross, SX 450, US Open, Yamaha Racers