Slightly overlooked in all the commotion of the crazy main event
on Saturday night was the winner of the main event, Jake
Weimer, and the fact that he’d won on a 250F against the bigger
machinery. “I definitely had some luck on my side. I wasn’t
putting pressure on myself to win…riding a Lites bike, which I
don’t really think was that big a disadvantage aside from the
start.”
Jake did have some strategy on his side, though. “For starters, I
lined up on the inside, because I knew everyone was going to
push wide. I got a pretty good jump, but let off earlier than Reed,
and stayed to the inside, because I knew that…I didn’t know he
was going to go down, but I knew there’d be commotion the
outside. I let off early, got my braking done, saw that Reed was
sliding out, and I was like, ‘All right, I got the holeshot.’ The first
five laps I tried to really sprint, ride smooth with minimal
mistakes. After that, I took a look behind me, and saw Demuth
was behind me. I got a little bit of a gap, and just tried to keep it
right there and hold it with a smart, good pace, and it worked
out.” full story on vitalmx.com