Langston Extends MX Points Lead With Texas Win -ozzy go- cyclenews.com

Villopoto Victorious in AMA Motocross Lites
Yamaha’s Grant Langston (pictured) claimed his second-straight
overall win of the AMA Motocross Championships with a 2-1
performance at round 11 of the series held at Freestone County
Raceway, near Wortham, Texas.

Langston came into the Texas event with a two point lead in the
standings and left with an eight point advantage, however, Team
Honda’s Andrew Short looked to have the overall and the series
points lead in the bag after taking a decisive win in the opening
moto and following up with the holeshot in the second. The
Colorado native fell at the halfway point of the moto, however,
giving Langston an easy road to the overall win and the additional
championship points that goes along with it.

"The points lead is so tight and I knew I needed to win to take
control of the championship," said Langston, who notched his 11th
career AMA National win. "Obviously I got a little extra cushion
but it doesn't change any strategy. I like Glen Helen I've always
done well there. I'm definitely looking forward to it and hopefully
I can finish this off and win a championship.”

Short rebounded to finish third overall, with a 1-5 finish, while
KTM’s Mike Alessi finished second overall with 3-2 moto finishes.

Kawasaki's Timmy Ferry finished fourth overall (4-3) and is third
in the championship chase with a 13-point deficit.

The championship is still up for grabs as 50 points are available at
the final round next week in San Bernardino, California. click on
ozzy go to the full story on cyclenews.com


picture from TransworldMX