The eleventh and oh so important round of the 12 round AMA
Toyota Motocross Championship took place on Sunday,
September 2, 2007 in Texas, and in the volatile and wildly
inconsistent 450F class, Team Yamaha’s claimed the top step of
the podium. Using a strong and consistent combined score of 2-1,
Langston also now enjoys an eight point lead in the title scrap
over rival Andrew Short with only one National left to be run — at
Glen Helen Raceway in San Bernardino, California next Sunday.
“The points lead is so tight and I knew I needed to win to take
control of the championship,” commented Langston after the
Texas dust had settled. “Obviously I got a little extra cushion for
next weekend, but it doesn’t change any strategy. I like Glen
Helen I’ve always done well there. I’m definitely looking forward
to it and hopefully I can finish this off and win a championship.”
Fellow championship contender Mike Alessi placed second overall
in Texas with a 3-2, but despite the fact that his results were solid
and quite consistent, he finds himself 15 points behind Langston
heading into The Glen. Moreover, Team Kawasaki’s Timmy Ferry,
seemingly a front runner for the title, could only muster up 4-3
scores. The Floridian is now 13 points behind Langston heading
into the show stopping Glen Helen round.
Meanwhile, at Freestone County Raceway in Texas, Team Monster
Kawasaki’s Ryan Villopoto used a double moto sweep to place
more daylight between he and teammate Ben Townley in their
epic fight for the 2007 AMA Motocross Lites National
Championship. Rolling Eastward towards San Bernardino,
California, Villopoto now celebrates a 19-point gap on Townely,
who could only string together 6-2 scores in the Lone Star State.
Team Yamaha’s Broc Hepler used 3-3 moto scored to snag the
second step o the podium... click on ozzy go to the full story
Lone Stars: Grant Langston and Ryan Villopoto come up big in Texas -ozzy go- Alpinestars Inc
Sunday, September 2, 2007 Labels: AMA MX, AMA MX Lites, AMA MX-class, Grant Langston, Kawasaki Racers, Kawasaki US MX, Motocross, Ryan Villopoto, Yamaha Racers, Yamaha US MX