Josh Hill on TWMX Monday Kickstart -ozzy go- transworldmotocross.com

Having struggled with poor starts and mechanical
woes on his factory Yamaha YZ250F all season
long, Washington's Josh Hill made the switch to the
Motocross class aboard a Yamaha YZ450F for the
last two Nationals of the year. Having seen

Hill testing at Perris Raceway in California a couple
weeks ago, we agreed with him that he looked much
better and more at home aboard the bigger bike and
couldn't wait to see him compete in the premier
division. In moto one, Hill started up front and ran
as high as fourth, battling with Tim Ferry and Mike
Alessi, before dropping out with goggle problems.
"I had so much dirt inside my goggles that I couldn't
see anything," said Hill, who pulled in for a fresh set
around the 10-minute mark. "I went back out with a
fresh set but I had so much dirt packed in my eyes
that I had to pull off and rush to the Asterisk Mobile
Medic unit to get my eyes flushed out."

In the second moto, Josh Hill turned in what was
easily his best outdoor showing of the year, working
his was from the bottom of the top 10 up into fourth
at the finish. Along the way, Hill passed riders like
Kevin Windham and Andrew Short, the latter of the
two falling victim to the hard-charging teen late in
the moto. "I told you I could do it!" joked Hill,
shortly after the race. "I've been struggling on the
250F all year long because I am a big kid and I can't
do well after getting a 20th-place start, and I knew
that I could do a lot better on the 450."