Team Makita Suzuki Racing has signed former amateur champion
Mike Alessi to race the all-new Makita Suzuki RM-Z450 in the AMA
Supercross and AMA Motocross series beginning in 2008.
"I could not be more excited about the opportunity to become
part of the American Suzuki racing family for the 2008/ 2009
seasons," said Alessi. "The results that Suzuki's racing teams
have earned in the past several years, in all forms of racing in
the U.S., speak for themselves. To have the opportunity to work
with professionals like Roger DeCoster, Ray Tetherton and the
entire team is something I'm really looking forward to.
"I will miss working with the wonderful people I've come to know
at KTM during the past few years. As a company, KTM has
provided me with a lot of support and has been instrumental in
the progress of my professional career. I hope that everyone at
KTM is as proud of the results I've been able to earn as I am."
The 19-year-old started racing minibikes when he was 3 years old
and won dozens of regional championships. After capturing his
11th title at the prestigious AMA Loretta Lynn's Amateur
Motocross Championship, he turned Pro at age 16 and went on to
podium in his second-ever AMA Motocross at Steel City in 2004.
click on ozzy go to the full story on Fullnoise.com.au
Makita Suzuki adds Mike Alessi to the roster -ozzy go- fullnoise.com.au
Thursday, August 2, 2007 Labels: AMA MX, AMA MX-class, KTM Riders, Mike Alessi, Motocross, Suzuki Racers, Suzuki US MX