Ferry and Short lead Motocross-class standings
Ricky Carmichael (pictured) finished out his AMA National Motocross career with a
decisive win at Spring Creek MX Park in Millville, Minnesota, round nine of the Toyota
AMA National Motocross Series.
The Makita Suzuki rider thrilled a record crowd of 26,128 fans with double moto wins,
bringing his combined AMA Motocross/Supercross win total to an even 150.
When all was said and done, RC closed the books on his outdoor national career with 76
outdoor wins in the premier class, 26 in the 125 class, and seven outdoor titles, including
two perfect seasons.
“I love this place,” said Carmichael from the podium. “I love the people here and I love
this track and that’s why I chose to ride my last race here.”
“I really can’t believe it, to think that I will never race an outdoor again. But all good
things have to come to an end, and I would just like to think that when you all came to
the race that there was something about it that made it special and I hope it was me.”
Missing from the day’s action was Kawasaki’s James Stewart, who injured his knee at
Washougal two weeks ago. The factory Kawasaki rider tried to ride on Friday and
decided his knee was still not 100% and elected to miss the race, effectively putting out
of the championship hunt.
Team Yamaha’s Grant Langston finished second overall at Millville with a 2-2 finish and
clawed his way back into championship contention, while KTM’s Mike Alessi did the same
by placing third overall with a 4-3 finish.
Honda’s Andrew Short and Kawasaki’s Tim Ferry left Millville with a share of the series
points lead, each rider with 311 points. click on ozzy go to the full story on Cycle News
Carmichael Goes Out with 150th Win at Millville -ozzy go- cyclenews.com
Sunday, August 12, 2007 Labels: AMA MX, AMA MX-class, Motocross, Ricky Carmichael, Suzuki Racers, Suzuki US MX