Former AMA Supercross class champion Chad Reed won tonight’s
Monster Energy® Drink AMA Supercross, an FIM World
Championship race at Angel Stadium. Suzuki’s Ryan Dungey won
the opening round of the Western Regional AMA Supercross Lites
championship, marking the fifth Lites victory of his young career.
Yamaha’s Grant Langston scored the $1,500 Progressive Holeshot
Award, leading Suzuki’s Mike Alessi and Reed through turn one in
the AMA Supercross class. Defending AMA Supercross class
champion, James Stewart crashed in turn one and started in last
place.
On the opening lap, Reed passed Langston and on the same lap,
he stalled his bike, allowing Langston to assume the lead. Reed,
who won his heat race earlier in the night, regained the lead on
lap four. Reed led the next 16 laps and earned his fourth victory
in Anaheim.
“I have been thinking about this race since last May,” said Reed.
“I knew I needed a good start tonight and had to fight. I have
been working really hard, and this win shows that hard work pays
off.”
“Someone clipped my wheel in the first turn, and I went down,”
said Stewart. “It was very slick out there. I give it up to Chad for
this win. It’s going to be a great season.”
AMA Lites debutant Daniel Reardon won the $1,000 Progressive
Holeshot Award in the Lites class with Kawasaki’s Austin Stroupe
and Dungey following the Australian through the first turn of the
AMA Supercross Lites class. Jason Lawrence pushed his Yamaha
to first place on lap four after... full story on fullnoise.com.au
pic from willtopete.com
Chad Reed draws first blood -ozzy go- fullnoise.com.au
Saturday, January 5, 2008 Labels: Anaheim SX 1, Chad Reed, Oz Racers, Supercross, SX 450, Yamaha Racers