The 2007 World Superbike Championship draws to a close this
weekend at the Magny-Cours circuit in central France with the
final round of the season. Despite winning one of the two races at
Vallelunga last Sunday, Ducati Xerox Team’s Troy Bayliss is now
unfortunately out of contention in the fight for the title, which has
been whittled down to just three riders - James Toseland (Honda),
Max Biaggi (Suzuki) and Noriyuki Haga (Yamaha).
Troy’s win in the second race at the Rome track was his seventh
this season, one behind the total of points leader Toseland, and
the 41st of his career. The tough 38-year-old Australian’s only
aim this weekend will be to end the season in style with further
wins to sign off the Ducati 999’s glorious career.
“My objective this weekend is to take the 999 out in style with a
couple of wins” commented Troy. “This place was pretty good to
me here last year, although I didn’t know the track very well. I
should be able to slide straight into it now, the bike was working
well enough when we left Vallelunga and I’m just looking forward
to two really good results, especially now they’ve resurfaced the
whole track. Last year we suffered a little bit here but honestly I
don’t think the other guys have got much stronger since the last
race last year. Yamaha for sure, Suzuki a little bit but the Honda
not really that much, so I don’t think..." read the full story
Bayliss: My objective this weekend is to take the 999 out in style with a couple of wins
Thursday, October 4, 2007 Labels: Ducati, Oz Racers, Road Racing, Superbike, Troy Bayliss, World Superbike