WORTHAM, Texas. – Monster Energy/Pro Circuit/Kawasaki rider
Ryan Villopoto took a commanding points lead with his fifth
overall win in the AMA Motocross Lites class at the 11th round of
the AMA Toyota Motocross Championship.
After taking over the series lead a week ago at Steel City,
Villopoto came to Wortham and put in a dominating performance,
taking both moto wins.
“Today just went really well,” said Villopoto. “I didn’t get the start
I wanted in the first moto, but was still able to pull off the win. In
the second moto, I got the holeshot and just did everything I
could to pull a gap and it all worked out. It feels really good
leaving here with a 19-point lead and makes it a lot easier going
into Glen Helen. I pretty much just have to ride smart.”
Teammate Ben Townley had a bit of bad luck in moto one when
a first lap crash put him in 39th place. Fortunately, he quickly
remounted his Kawasaki KX™250F and put on an impressive
charge which ended with a sixth-place finish. In moto two, he got
off to a great start and took home the runner-up position which
was good for third overall on the weekend. Brett Metcalfe put in
two solid rides at the Freestone County Raceway and landed just
shy of a podium finish in fourth. Rookie Austin Stroupe, who had
an amazing run in moto one to... click on ozzy go to the full story
Monster Energy/Pro Ciruit/Kawasaki's Villopoto takes Fith Win Of The Season -ozzy go-
Monday, September 3, 2007 Labels: AMA MX, AMA MX Lites, Kawasaki Racers, Kawasaki US MX, Motocross, Ryan Villopoto